Saturday, August 26, 2006

 

Well that was fun!

I don't know about you... but I enjoyed that. There was a real buzz as the hall was filled with the sound of simulated shutters firing. :-)

The only problem is, I think we overwhelmed the system! :-) Blogger (the service that hosts this web page) got concerned about the number of messages arriving and thought it was being spammed. I've asked them to look at the blog and lift the spam block, so hopefully you will be able to see all the photos you posted soon.

However, I think we may also have overwhelmed Flickr (the service that hosts the photos) because although 49 people successfully sent a photo in the morning, only 7 managed it in the afternoon. I suspect therefore that Flickr also thought it was being spammed and took action to block it. I'll send an email to their help desk to see if there are any photos that were sent but got lost that can be recovered.

Thank you for participating so enthusiastically in this experiment. Let me know what you thought of the exercise by leaving a comment on this message.

David

Comments:
Hi,

Well, some of us are still living in the 20th century and don't have camera phones...but it looked like fun!

Anyway, I have a question, prompted by the last picture ("Waiting to start"). What student union chap? I may not have been totally with it on Friday afternoon, but I'm fairly sure I would have noticed someone addressing us on matters studenty before the lecture started!

Puzzled Ali
 
Hello Puzzled Ali

A chap came and spoke to the morning group but didn't reappear for the second group. He should be on the video streamed version, so you can hear what he said if you are very keen. :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?